Saturday, May 8, 2010

Strengthen What Remains

"I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God. Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you." (Revelation 3:1b-3)

What needs to be strengthened? What remains but is ready to die? We felt like the Lord was exhorting us to strengthen the little that remains that needs to be redeemed. I believe that is for us personally in our lives, but also for our brethren - what are we doing to be effective for the Kingdom? We do a lot of "stuff" to stay busy, but what is truly about our Father's business? I believe part of this is prayer - strengthen prayer and watchfulness in our lives and in our churches - it feels like it is about to die. It is something for all of us to evaluate continually in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning to live loved in the affection of the Father

I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign Lord.
Ezekiel 35:15