Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Lie of "Likemindedness"

As part of this growing measure of freedom, I see more and more flesh that has been inhibiting me from truly loving my Father and loving my neighbor. The latest thing is in the area of fellowship. For years, my persuit of "community" and "fellowship" involved finding a church filled with some likeminded people and sharing in that agreement. What I didn't realize, was the driving force behind that was really a need to be validated in what I was doing. Even though that desire to be with likeminded people in certain spiritual areas wasn't bad in and of itself, the folly was where I realized I was needing to be validated in that by something other than Father. Ugh! What were we to do?

I've been contemplating lately about the people who have crossed my path in the journey and how for some we're still together, for others we've just drifted apart after a season, others left in offense, others yet I was offended with and fled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning to live loved in the affection of the Father

I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign Lord.
Ezekiel 35:15